Help:Choosing Content to Add
From Star Trek: Gamma One
To wet your feet, the first content you can add can be a page for your characters. It will help to document your history on the game, provide information for sources that link to your character (such as other characters or episode logs) and there is even a template to make your first content submission easy.
Contribute to a Stub
There is a list of stubs, which are incomplete articles. If you're looking to add to the Wine Dark Sea wiki, then one of the best ways is to choose a stub and add content to it. Stubs exists because another page links to that topic, but the page hasn't been written yet.
Does something like this exist?
Before you decide to start work on a new article, please do a few searches and make sure that no articles exist already covering the subject. If an article already exists then you should add to that article. Perhaps you can also review where in the wiki structure that article is located and consider changes to make it easier to find.
Should I add it?
- Does what you're considering adding exist on the main Wine Dark Sea website? If so, then the material should not be duplicated here. You can reference it, or create an article complimenting it.
- For example, if you want to reference a Nebula-class ship, then just link to the main Gamma One website.
- Conversely, you can create a page containing IC history information about a ship, information that is not covered in the basic stat page that exists for the ship.
- Is the article about the IC game world or history? If not, then its probably better covered in other locations. For example, generic Star Trek material should be added to the Memory Alpha wiki and not our wiki. The content here should be related directly to our game.
- Is the article a character page for a PC other than your own? If so, you can add it but please leave the Dossier section blank. Fill in only the other sections.
- Otherwise, if the information is about the game and not already present, then please add it to the wiki.